- About the Travel Agent
- Corporate Travel
- Explore Destinations
- Plan Your Trip
- Contact Us
So you've met with your Personal Travel Advisor and your adventure is planned! Here's what to do in the meantime:
- Electronic ticket confirmation numbers for air flights
- Passports and/or Visas (if required)
- Cash, credit cards, ATM card
- Carry a copy of your passport separate from the original
- Carry a copy of your full itinerary in checked luggage
- Most travel info can now be accessed via your mobile device, tablet, or laptop. HOWEVER: Batteries die. Phones drown. Tablets get swiped. Better safe than sorry! Take paper backups for your itinerary, tickets, and important contact info!
- Remove any credit cards and items not needed on the trip.
- If traveling as a couple, each person should carry a different type of credit card.
- Note credit card company phone numbers and your card number on a separate piece of paper and carry separately from your wallet. This helps should you lose your credit card.
- Call your credit card company to advise when and where you will be traveling to avoid a freeze on your account. Also ask if you will need any special pin numbers if you are traveling abroad.
-If traveling abroad, carry a small amount of the local currency at all times, including travel time, in case of emergencies or credit card failure.
- Pack one week ahead to avoid last minute stress.
- Your carry on should contain night clothes and at least one change of clothes.
- If traveling as a couple, pack half of your clothes in each suitcase. If one should be lost then you will have clothing until it is recovered.
- Stop your home newspaper and your home delivered mail.
- Empty your refrigerator and take out the trash.
- Advise a relative or neighbor when you will be gone and provide them an itinerary.
- Leave copy of your itinerary on your kitchen counter.
- Adjust the lighting and thermostat. Consider putting timers on some lights so that your house is not completely dark.
- Secure all of the windows and doors.
- Turn off washing machine lines and check your sump pump.
- Water the plants.
- Make arrangements for pets.
- Activate the security alarm system and double check that all doors are closed and locked when you depart.